I finished my first vintage pattern. It is a halter top that looks as if it is from the 70's or 80's.
Fabric used: Brocade...Brown with Ocean or Spa Blue flower print. I made the view on the far right with the white collar. I added the belt to mine although it wasn't as long as it should of been due to lack of material. This blouse only needed a yard of fabric. Maybe 1 and 1/4. I have been having this fabric for over a year in my stash.
Complexity of pattern: The pattern wasn't difficult at all. I improvised on a few of the directions for simplicity reasons. Their directions for putting in the centered zipper were strange to me so I did it the way I normally would.
How long did it take to complete: 3.5 hours.
Overall Review: I really like this pattern. I think I may make the view shown in white with like the turtle neck top later this summer. The only thing that kinda sucked is the size. Vintage patterns only come in one size per envelope. Current patterns provide 3 or 4 sizes per envelope. This pattern is a size 12 with the measurements 34 bust with a 25 1/2 inch waist line. My bust is 36 and my waist is 27so is was a bit snug...hahaha..my husband was scared he was going to break the zipper zipping me up. I was concerned about what would happened when I sat down but I had no problems. We went to dinner and and it didn't bother me at all. Actually it seemed to loosen up some through out the night. The next one I make will probably be a knit material that has some stretch to it or maybe I will feel like altering the pattern to make it bigger.