Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 is here !! Happy New Year!

My goodness!! It has been almost a year since I posted on my blog. So unacceptable hahahaha..I had a busy 2010. I did some traveling, my baby graduated from college (YAY!!), started a couple business ventures, etc. The business ventures are probably the main reason I haven't updated my blog. I think I sewed maybe 3 or 4 times in 2010. I just did not have the time. I put all my energy into by business. Which is what you may be asking LOL! I started my own handcrafted bath and body product website. It's going good. I am still trying to get my name out there but it's coming along to be so new. My site is www.scentofaqueen.com. Check it out if you have some time.

I did manage to whip me up a little something to wear out for New Years Eve. My husband and I decided at the LAST minute to get a room at the Grand Hyatt for the evening just to get out of the house. There were several parties going on there and I just wanted something cute but not too dressy to wear.

MCCALL 6240








Fabric used: Stretchy sequin-I think it's called Confetti knit or something like that..

Complexity of pattern: Zip, Zero, Zilch-this had to be the easiest pattern I have ever sewn. There are only 3 pieces to this garment.

How long did it take to complete: It took me about an hour and half only because the fabric is a nightmare to work with.

Overall Review: I love the look and fit of the dress and I wore leggings because it is too cold to be having your legs all out. The fabric gums up on the needle and makes the bobbin skip around something awful. I had to sew REALLY slow to try and stop all the skipping. I didn't try using a different needle because I was too lazy to look for any in my stash so I had to suffer through it. I doubt if that would of mattered anyway but who knows.


I hope everyone had a blessed and safe holiday!!!

3 comments:

Me! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica D said...

Welcome back! Nice fabric! :)

TifiaGabrielle said...

what kind of dressfrom do you use to fit your clothes