Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy 2016!!

Happy New Year! It's been almost 2 years since I have posted anything. So much to do, too little time. Well I am back. Hopefully I will keep at it this time or at least make a better effort. Well, let's get this party rolling. My first piece of the year is a simple cape I whipped up. Actually, I made a brocade jumpsuit for New Years Eve but I didn't take any pics of it really but it turned out cute. I chose Butterick 5819 to get it rolling. As you can see, I have a partner in crime in the pictures with me. That is my baby Tanner. He is wearing a matching harness and crocheted neckwarmer. He is pretty much the inspiration that got me sewing again. The latter part of last year I spent sewing and selling pet clothing. I recently opened an Etsy shop for it. I also still have my Etsy shop where I sell my jewelry which has kept me busy for awhile now. This is the main reason I have not had much time to really sew like I want to. Anyone with a degree in time management give me a holler hahaha.    


Fabric used: Plaid fleece. I did an ok job trying to match up the lines but I really wasn't that concerned.

Complexity of pattern: Pretty easy. I did change the way the instructions said put the collar together.

How long did it take to complete: I worked on it over a few days but it probably would only have taken a couple hours straight through.  

Overall Review: I like how it looks on. The instructions call for leaving the edges raw which the fleece is good for. I made a medium but should have made  large. I plan on making View C in the future.   






No comments: